CHILDBIRTH PREPARATION COURSE
We offer individual antenatal session.
The course will be held in English
This Childbirth Preparation Course is for pregnant women and their partners, and for those who are single and pregnant.
– at our Clinic Fem jordmødre.
Luramyrveien 25 a, 4313 Sandnes.
The course will include a film from the different departments at the hospital, – the delivery department and Fødeloftet, as well as the postnatal unit and the postnatal hotel.
It is a 2 ½ hour course. The fee is 2000 NOK.
The best time to attend this course is during the last trimester of pregnancy.
The aim of this birth preparation course is to prepare you for labour and birth, and to give you the knowledge and confidence that will help you to have a positive experience.
What the course will cover
- The time at home when Labour starts and the signs of labour. Went to contact the hospital.
- The process of labour and delivery:
- The stages of labour and delivery
- What to expect and how to support a woman in labour
- How to cope with the contractions, including relaxation, reading, movement, massage and acupuncture
- Pain relief options
- The first hours after the baby is born
- Birth complications and medical interventions
- A film from of the delivery department and Fødeloftet as well as the postnatal unit and the postnatal hotel.
Contact / sign up:
email@example.com We will make an appointment.
As course organiser, I have 30 years experience as a qualified midwife.
I work at Stavanger University Hospital and at Fem jordmodre (Five Midwives), a private midwifery centre offering pre-and postnatal care.
I have also worked as a midwife in a developing country as well as having taught midwifery in the English language.
Welcome to my birth preparation course!