The course will be held in English
This Childbirth Preparation Course is for pregnant women and their partners, and for those who are single and pregnant.
It is a 3 ½ hour course held at Stavanger University Hospital. The fee is 1400 NOK.
You will receive more information about directions when you register.
The best time to attend this course is during the last trimester of pregnancy.
Tuesday evening from 6.00 PM to 9.30 PM
4 th of June
3 rd of september
The aim of this birth preparation course is to prepare you for labour and birth, and to give you the knowledge and confidence that will help you to have a positive experience.
What the course will cover
- The time at home when Labour starts and the signs of labour. Went to contact the hospital.
- The process of labour and delivery:
- The stages of labour and delivery
- What to expect and how to support a woman in labour
- How to cope with the pain, including relaxation, reading, movement, massage and acupuncture
- Pain relief options
- The first hours after the baby is born
- Birth complications and medical interventions
- A tour of the delivery department and Fødeloftet as well as the postnatal unit and the postnatal hotel.
Light refreshments will be served
Sign up and you will receive confirmation of your place on the course.
2 weeks prior to the course you will receive information about the course along with the account details for payment of the course fee.
As course organiser, I have 26 years experience as a qualified midwife.
I work at Stavanger University Hospital and at Fem jordmodre (Five Midwives), a private midwifery centre offering pre-and postnatal care.
I have also worked as a midwife in a developing country as well as having taught midwifery in the English language.
Welcome to my birth preparation course!